Three of Patricia Green’s Blushing Book’s titles were named finalists in the Passionate Plume contest. (The Passionate Plume is the annual contest for the RWA erotic romance chapter, Passionate Ink.)
The three in the finals are below, butyou can read Sara’s reviews of them here.
The Blacksmith’s Bride (in Historical)
Sunny Winslow knows exactly what she wants in a man. When she meets the blacksmith in her new home, Abel Armstrong, she’s immediately hooked. Unfortunately, her mother has other plans for her that do not include a blacksmith. Her mother is determined to tie Sunny to a rich town counselor. Sunny is desperate to escape the counselor, so she embarks on a series of schemes to get what she wants.
Abel Armstrong has some skeletons in his closet. In the year of 1873, it’s quite the scandal to be a divorced man. Over the course of the last ten years, he’s had to work very hard to get his reputation back. Meeting Sunny is like a breath of fresh air, but he can’t afford to throw caution to the wind and force their joining by doing something disreputable.
Can spankings teach Sunny to have some patience and trust that Abel’s way is the right way? And, can Abel deal with Sunny’s impulsive scheming and keep his standing in the community intact?
Charlotte & the Pirate (in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Futuristic)
Charlotte Darrell is ugly, scarred and damaged both inside and out. Her only hope is to buy a Romantek dream vacation and hope that their rejuvenation process can heal her horrid blemish and restore her life back to what it was before her accident. But her virtual reality dream isn’t all she expected.
Rex Boyd is a counter cyber-terrorism expert, working for Romantek. The company is aware that someone is trying to break into their operations and terrorize paying customers. Rex hopes to protect one of the most vulnerable, the rich and influential Marie Carthage.
Once in the dream, fighting the terrorist who has gotten access to Romantek’s system, Rex finds the situation confounded by Charlotte’s presence. Is she a paying customer like Marie, or is she part of the terrorist’s network, there to do harm to Marie and start a firestorm of lawsuits that would bankrupt Romantek? And how will he ever reconcile his feelings for her with his suspicions?
Charlotte finds herself in love and in danger. The dream has become a nightmare, and there doesn’t seem to be a path toward happiness.
Eddie, My Love (in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Futuristic)
Willow Camber wants to get away from it all. Her business has taken over her life, and none of the men she’s dated recently want her as a person rather than as a mega-corp. Her vacation plan is a time-travel, virtual reality trip into a film noire mystery–Bogie and Bacall writ large and in color- -so different from the twenty-second century life she currently leads.
Eddie Reston needs a break from his hectic life, away from his nagging ex-wife. His passion is old novels about hard-boiled detectives of the 1950s. A Romantek virtual reality vacation is just the ticket for a guy like him, more an early Charles Bronson than a Cary Grant.
When Willow and Eddie meet to solve a murder mystery, their attraction is instant, even though Willow sometimes needs active correction. But Romantek forbids them to give away their true names during the vacation, so they can’t pair up in their own century. They struggle to find a way, but it remains elusive. Can Eddie and Willow cheat the Romantek system and set up a real life meeting, or will their new found love be lost when reality intrudes?
10th Annual PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST
for Published Authors – the only all erotic award in RWA!
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS –
WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED AT RWA NATIONALS JULY 24, 2015!
FIVE SIZZLING FINALISTS IN FIVE CATEGORIES
- Contemporary – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
- Historical – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a historical setting.
- Futuristic/Fantasy/Sci-fi – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting in the future, an alternate world/reality, or another planet. Includes elements such as elves/faerie, sword & sorcery, aliens, etc.
- Paranormal/Time Travel – novels with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting that includes elements of time travel, angels, vampires, werewolves or other paranormal themes.
- Novellas – novellas of 25,000 words or less with erotic elements that focus on the developing romantic relationship in any setting.**All novels entered must be at least 25,000 words in length. Novellas are considered 10,000 to 25,000 words.