The summer conference season is upon us, and Blushing Books / Lazy Day is going to be well traveled by the time August rolls around. Blushing traditionally organizes a social event at every conference we attend to meet and connect with any authors who are currently working with us (or would like to!) and we need to know if you are going to be at any of these events. Last year, our dinner at Romantic Times was attended by fifteen people, and we hope that this year the group will be even larger.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are attending any of these.
1. Romantic Times: Dallas, TX: May 12-17. We will be attending and taking pitches. There are still registrations available.
2. Book Expo America: New York City: May 27-29 This is the largest publishing event in North America, and Blushing is having a booth for the first time! While we don’t have actual pitch sessions here, anyone can stop by the booth, meet us, and chat with us. If you are in the New York area, you need to think about attending this event. Lazy Day author Ruth Silver (author of Aberrant) will be signing at the authors’ pavilion.
3. Romance Writers’ Association (RWA): July 22-25th, New York City (This event is sold out.) We will be attending and taking pitches.
4. Writers’ Digest: July 31 – August 2, New York City. We will be attending and taking pitches.
5. BDSM Writers: August 20-23rd, New York City. We are a sponsoring publisher.
So please if you are attending or thinking about attending any of these, (only RWA is currently sold out) contact us!