Joey Taylor is on the run from her blackmailing ex Dom, seeking refuge back in her home state of Texas. On her first night there she collides with her brother’s best friend, the man who stole her heart over a decade ago.
Cole Kaden once again steals her heart and, along with his two friends, Slate and Graham, becomes the family Joey’s been missing. Soon, she finds herself in hot water with her new family and in over her head with Cole – while her ex is getting closer and closer to finding her. Will Joey learn to trust before everything she is hoping for is taken from her?
Publisher’s Note: This contemporary romance contains explicit scenes and power exchange elements.
1.When did you know you wanted to be an author? I have loved stories since I was a kid, and by first grade was writing short stories. I’ve always known that I wanted to be an author, it’s what my passion is.
2. What is your writing process like? I write best with a cup of coffee near by and my headphones on to block out the world around me. Most of the time I write in coffee shops or holed up in my office. I’m an avid people watcher, so I’ll see a couple and make up a story about them in my head, that usually translate to a character later on.
3. What do you love most about books? I love how books can transport us to that time and place, when I’m reading a book it’s like I’m living it and I love that feeling.
4. Libraries or bookstores? Bookstores
5. Do you like to outline or just dive right in when writing? I tend to dive right in, although I don’t outline, I do a lot of research before I start writing.
6.What do you like to collect? I collect books, first editions, signed copies.
7. Do you have any hobbies? I love paddle boarding, hiking, and camping. Anything with my dog, and traveling with friends
8. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Reaching down, Cole tucked a stray blonde hair behind her ear. “So, you love me?” he asked softly.
She blushed as she peered up at him. He didn’t smile or reach to caress her—he simply asked a question and then waited patiently for her response. Tugging on her sleeves, wishing she could retreat into the safety of Halo’s stall again, she took a tentative step towards him. “Yes, I do.”
Cole breathed out, and finally reaching towards her, he grasped her hand in his, looking down into her eyes. “You understand what loving me means? It means you are my sub, my lover, my most cherished possession.”
Breathing heavily, Joey nodded, but Cole held up his hand. “I’m not finished. Your orgasms will be mine to control, you are mine to pleasure, you are mine to punish.”
She could feel her heart beating faster as she again nodded to his demand, and in the next moment, Cole was on her. Pushing her back against the stall wall, he grasped her ponytail, pulling her neck back and descending on her with a kiss. It felt like a trail of fire on her neck, each kiss causing her nerves to stand on end. He moved down, ripping her shirt from her body, trailing kisses right along the waistband of her jeans.
Standing back, he smiled at her and commanded, “Turn around, baby, hands on the rail, legs spread, don’t move.”
About the Author
Ashlynn Rose thinks romance should have some kink in it, her favorite stories are those with love, hot sex and of course discipline! In each story, she writes she mixes strong dominate men, with hot BDSM sex and fiery women. When she isn’t writing, you can find her reading thrillers or paddle boarding with her pup
Visit her website here: