Lost. Chained. Masked.
Jennifer Scott thinks she has her hidden-self tamed, until she meets Dean Masters.
Behind his cold and aloof persona, Dean holds the key to unlocking her very soul. But when a conspiracy to back stab the Masters’ family company goes awry, Jennifer and Dean fight their desires in order to save Master-Son Technology.
Can Jennifer stay the Mistress she portrays, or will her secret submissive side win out in the end?
Publisher’s Note: This is a dark, steamy romance, with a theme of power exchange and graphic scenes. If any of these are offensive to you, please do not read it.
“Where the hell have you been?” I growled. “Do you know how worried I was?”
Jennifer nodded her head silently. Something was off. She wouldn’t look me in the eyes, and she was acting way too weird for my liking.
“I’m sorry I raised my voice.” I pulled her into my arms, and she melted into me.
“It’s okay, Sir.” Her voice was small and wobbly.
Sir? She had never called me that. I was at a loss right now. My head was saying talk to her, but my cock was saying claim her. Jennifer wasn’t a sub, though. I liked battling for control with her. It was exciting. What would a good Dom do in this situation?
“Tell me what you need,” I commanded her.
“I need, I need…” she trailed off, her eyes glazed over. She needed a session. Then and only then, would she be able to talk to me about whatever was bothering her. I carried her to the bedroom and arranged her over my lap. I never played with whips and floggers. My hand would have to suffice for now. I put her in position and started rubbing over her clothes. She stopped being so unresponsive. She sucked in a breath and let it out in a huge sigh. She needed this. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I was going to work her over until I got some answers.
“You ready for me, pet?”
She nodded her head and I smacked her ass over her clothes.
“I said, are you ready for me, pet?”
This time, she said the magic words, “Yes, Sir.”
“Let’s begin.” I pulled her skirt off along with her panties. I stopped myself from inhaling them and almost lost control when I saw that wet spot. All the while, I caressed her ass. She relaxed more and more until she was putty in my hands. Then I knew it was time. Going with my instincts, I started slow.
Smack! Smack! My hand connected with each cheek.
Jennifer said nothing, only her breathing changed slightly.
It wasn’t enough. So I started doing increments of four. Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Two on each cheek, then I slid a finger inside to check her wetness. At my penetration, she gasped, and I figured out exactly what I could do to get everything I needed. I kept smacking and put two fingers in, only pumping a little. I had her squirming on my lap now. Oh, she was a needy little pet indeed.
After fifteen minutes, she cracked. “Please, please, Sir,” she cried out.
I was hard as a rock, hearing those cries on top of her squirming. “Please, what?” I asked innocently, like I did not know I was torturing her.
“Please let me come,” she sobbed out.
“Not until you give me what I want,” I said as I kept the torture going.
She had no idea how hard this was on me. After another fifteen minutes, I started to worry. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I didn’t want to hurt her.
But when I stuck my fingers in her sticky heat, she finally broke. “I’m so confused,” she shouted out.
I paused and pulled out. She whimpered at the loss, but I had other ideas at the moment.
“About?” I was trying hard to keep the bass out my voice, to give her care, but I had been teasing her for a half hour, so I was on edge too.
“This. Us. I need labels, but I don’t want them. I need to dominate, but with you, it feels right to sub sometimes. It’s all so confusing.”
Five Fun Facts
- I read about 2-5 romance novels a day because I have an addiction. Sometimes reading cuts into my writing time and I have to physically force myself to step away from the novel and do actual work.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with coffee. So much so that I had to get a K-cup machine to slow down. Apparently drinking a whole carafe of coffee is unhealthy, who knew?
- I love anything anime. Some of my all-time favorites include: Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Ranma 1/2, Love Stage, Full Moon O Sagashite, and Junjou Romantica
- K-pop also known as Korean pop is my jam. Right now I am obsessed with Black Pink, please don’t ask me my favorite song because it depends on my mood. Just know I will belt them out with my terrible Korean and feel no shame. A few other groups I am listening to or are obsessed with include: BTS, Girl’s Generation, Miss A, 2NE1, and T-ara.
- If I could get paid to read all day every day I would take that job in a heartbeat. Me being an author all started reading Harlequin novels in secret. I gravitated to YA in middle school and then moved onto erotica way before I ever should have. (shh)
Author Interview with Selena Michaels
- When did you know you wanted to be an author? I have known since I started reading romance novels at age 8 that I wanted to be a writer. The problem was that I was afraid I didn’t have enough life experience to actually be an author. When I looked to authors such as Nora Roberts, James Patterson, etc even at a young age I thought they were worldly and wise. I wanted to be just like them. I call myself a baby author because I think that I have time to grow and that in that time I will find the support within myself to believe in my art.
- What do you love most about books? I love that books transport you to another world. You could be having an awful day and a book will take you into a world where anything is possible. Bad breakup? Read a romance about an alpha male getting his comeuppance from a spit fire woman. Lost Job? Read a book about a bounty hunter whose kick butt and taking names. Someone who gives no hecks and is woefully unapologetic. In the hospital? Read a beautiful story about a young girl who is battling for her life. A young girl who has cancer and is fighting. These are stories that take me on a journey away from my problems. I would hope any bibliophile feels the same way.
- Do you like to outline or just dive right in when writing? I dive right in after research. It drives me bonkers.
- Where do you find inspiration? In real life. I pull from people I have met, place I have traveled, and things I have seen or heard.
- Would you rather do the spanking or be spanked? Spanked hands down. Tie me up daddy!
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee.
- Favorite color? Blue.
- How much research do you typically do on a novel? I typically find something I latch onto. For example human trafficking. I then look up true stories. Things that have happened to real people. I also look up any relevant definitions in order to make sure I truly understand what I’m looking up. Then I build a character. As I’m building the character I ask myself questions. Such as what would they do in this situation? Why are they here? How will they escape? Who will they tell? Will they be believed. As the questions take root in my mind, I allow the character to become a person. I cannot write another story until I am completely done with the characters I have already created. To me they are living beings. I hope that translates on the page.